Thursday, January 30, 2014

Not C. the Writer, so sue me.

I'm a reader of a website called Get Off My Internets. If you're not familiar with it, it's basically a forum where people can go to discuss blogs and the bloggers behind them. While reading the forums one day, I came across the thread about the former owner of this blog, C the Writer. I read a few pages and decided she was a bit of an idiot. This woman achieved heights of complaining I've never fathomed existing. Granted, I'm a financial idiot myself but I sure as hell never considered certain jobs like retail beneath me just because I had gone to college.

I started following the Dealing with Money thread because C was a bit of a trainwreck. Every now and then I'd pop back over to see what new debt she was bitching about until one day I discovered she had deleted the blog. Sadly, there went that bit of entertainment. However I discovered the blog address was open so I went ahead and took it. I didn't even really think about it. Having a bit of an entrepreneurial spirit, I figured here's a nice (lolz.) already-built brand with which I could conceivable do something.

There are all sorts of incoming links to this blog and while most are pretty run-of-the-mill "here's some other personal finance blogs" there's one in particular that's funny as hell: Control Your Cash's Financial R****d of the Month.

C, whoever you are and where ever you are, good luck. Last I heard you were working at Walmart and while it's nothing special you never know where it might lead. I worked at a big box store for four years that led to some amazing opportunities.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete